Friday, October 6, 2006

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday.  Sue and I went out with our friends, Dr. Jenkowski and his wife, Jackie.  We did the art walk in Bay City.  This was the first time I did this.  I wanted to for many months but hadn'd done it.  We went to about eight galleries.  A & J on Washington Street was the best.  The owner of Larsen salvage,  had several pieces on display there.  He was working with metal and wood.  Most of his pieces were a version of modern art.  They avoided the problem of looking like they were turned out on a drafting machine.  I liked them quite a bit.  Sue did not care for them.  We went to the
Ward Gallary by Jimmie John's too.  I really like his work.  Sue did too.  I went into a photograph gallery in the Rosenberry building. and another in the Phoenix building.  It was a great day.

 

No comments: