Thursday, October 19, 2006

Helping Dave Remodel

Today, I helped a friend with the moving, lifting and carrying required to update his daughter's house.  We moved a bathtub into the house from my favorite place, Manard's.  Plumbing came next then a quick ride home.  We didn't work too long so I have some time for 'Daily Rambles'.

I have been learning about printer cartridges.  For the last six years, I have been running my 'free' IJ300 Compaq printer with color cartridges.  Lately, I switched to a rebuilt cartridge sold by Wal-mart under the brand, Nukote,  It is  a simple black cartridge but it cost only $18.00 while the color version is about $35.00.  Great so far.  When I tried it out, I got a double print.  The page was useless.  What could be wrong.  Ah ha,  Sue had used the printer to produce a picture she was painting.  She's the culprit.  I don't know why but.. she did it.  More inspecting.  She didn't do it.  I had to reconfigure the printer to print black and white.  With that done, I had no problem except.  Except, I run my printer on a computer connected to a network.  It turns out that other computers on the network used different copies of the driver.  One can be set to black and white while the other is good for color.  I was quite proud when I figured all this out.  All is well now and I am having a great day.

 

No comments: