Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Me and My Computer Network

Ah, my congoleration of old computers, printers, wireless, broadband, drivers- old and older, mazes of files straight from hell.  I love them all most of the time.  There has been nothing to show me better the confusion some old people have than my computer systems after about six years. 

 

In the past, I have killed the problem by getting a new computer and -even though - I told myself otherwise- never going back.  Now, with the network idea, I use all of these computers on the network. 

Yesterday, I used this system along with Google Notebook to produce a 30 page notebook on the uses and abuses of the Great Lakes.  It was a wonder of progress, but-at the end of the day--no INK.  Then NO Cartridge. Then, a trip to Walmart.  NO Cartridge, I try a refurbished cartridge from NuKOTE.  All types of strange things happened.  I think of all the things I would like to do to anyone from Walmart... The night passes.  Magic happens.  I pick a different instance of the driver on my computer.  All is well.  What happened.  I don't have a clue, but as I often say 'Trust the force'.

 

By the way, the Google Notebook is at http://www.google.com/notebook/public/08711604988481541671/BDSYJlgoQr7xi-Uh

No comments: