Monday, November 27, 2006

The Joys of Cell Phone Theft

It is amazing all the things you can think about when your step-daughter tells you that her phone has been missing for two days.  Your comfortable world just disappears.  It helps, of course, if you are a creative, chronic worrier like me.  I can think of many, many things to worry about that others might miss.  People like me have difinite uses.  We are the ones who dream up what the terrorists might do.  We are also the ones who come up with things that will not happen.  At any rate, back to the cell phone.

It was laid down for a minute and some one stole it.  How do I know they stole it?  They sold it within twenty four hours.  Here is where we get really lucky.  A friend called the number and someone answers.  Already I am beating the curve.  A  few calls later, a meeting is arranged at Dort Highway and Carpenter to pick up the phone.  at 8 PM.  That left lots of things to worry about, but, you know what, it all came off without a hitch.  We got the phone back.  I knew it could happen but I never bet it would happen.  We paid the person returning it the money he had paid for it.  I think that is only fair.  I really have to thank him for bothering with returning it at all.  He made our day. 

No comments: