Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hauger Family Reunion

The reunion was held at John and Nancy Welch's this year. John had chicken that he and Uncle Richard Hauger had parboiled the day before and that they barbecued on the trailer type grill that we rented. The food was set up in the garage. There was really too much of it. Bill Hauger made pies that were really good. I got to try Grandma Hauger's goulash. I really loved it.

Sue did games for the kids with the mandatory water balloons. We had filled them in the old bathtub at our house so by the time we got to Vassar a bunch of them had broken for unknown reasons but the rest of them were luke warm. I had to hold the bucket in the balloon toss so I like warm water balloons.

I talked to Jake Leiber for quite awhile. We talked about my dad in the war and what I knew about what he did. I related what had happened at the Battle of the Tenaru that Dad took part in.

Eric Hauger was there. He is going to do some logging with horses next winter. I offered to help The experience would be great.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: