Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So Connected that I'm in a Snarl.

Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuit, Blogger, HomePuzz, Picassa, and others.  I use all of them.  The social networking scene is one of my favorite places but I do end up confused.

I'm not bad on Facebook.  I use it for all sorts of things.  My Blackberry Storm Facebook Application is one of the first spots I visit in the morning, but I am still a bit lost about how to use it effectively.  Don't get me wrong.  I often get the word first on what is happening in the family, but I wonder if my science posts should really be mixed in with a note about going to the movies and what was playing.

I use twitter because it is a searchable, wide spread tool that will load Facebook.  I like tweetdeck too because of its ability to set up searches on whatever.  In fact, I almost never use twitter from within twitter.  It always comes from my phone or tweetdeck or my new hootsuite.

Right now, I am very  confused about how to use all of these effectively.  Maybe, in ten years I will get it.

No comments: